The Sabra Foundation is a Jewish ministry in Russia (Siberia and the Russian Far East) and Israel founded by Moti (Mordechai) Klimer in 2002. Sabra is a young organization but it has already done many things. From this webpage you can learn about Sabra work with the help of God and wonderful brothers and sisters - Sabra workers and volunteers. These people invest their efforts, souls and hearts in this important work. God’s love towards people is burning in the hearts of those who work in Sabra. This love compels them to help and serve others. Sabra had some different times in the past years - good and bad ones. But in good times we are glad to share our joy with each other. And in bad times we are as one family persevering without grumble. We believe that our work is a plan of God and we look at Him with a pure face.
Shalom my dear Friends,
I would like to share with you something about my life and tell you what God put in our hearts to do: I was born in Israel in 1950. A 'sabra', I was raised by my grandmother (a survivor of Auschwitz) and grandfather (who survived Bergen Belsen) in an Orthodox Jewish family. My mother, a little girl, was attacked by a neighbour as a “killer of our God”, when her parents were taken. She survived, and later tried to get in to Israel, but was sent to a British detention camp in Cyprus where she met and married my father. Eventually they all arrived in Israel.
I was in the Israeli Army for 20 years, finishing as a Colonel. After that I was the Principal of a Boarding School and in a few years after that the Jewish Agency ”Sochnut” suggested me to be the director of its branch in the Eastern part of Russia. I went there in 1996 without any understanding why I’m going there with only 4 words in Russian language. Soon I intended to return to Israel at the end of the first year. But after some months of prayers and study of the Scriptures the Lord gave me a vision for the work that He had for me. Everything changed for me...
* A first vision from the Lord is to build a bridge between the Christians and the Jewish people, the Bridge of Prayer, Love and Mercy. If we want that the Lord will be between us, we need to consider each other as true brothers. “Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity” Psalm 133:1
* Also God showed me that we need to help our brothers and sisters – the Jewish people to go back to the Promised Land. God promised and God will fulfill. “He will raise a banner for the nations and gather the exiles of Israel; he will assemble the scattered people of Judah from the four quarters of the earth.” Isaiah 11:12
* The third vision is to teach and lead the Jewish people back to their real roots; to restore the rich heritage and promises that are their birthright. "…so the next generation would know them, even the children yet to be born, and they in turn would tell their children. Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.” Exodus 31:13
* The next vision is to help elderly, handicapped, invalids and poor people by supplying desperately needed humanitarian aid. “Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, When it is in the power of your hand to do so.” Proverbs 3:27
* Also the Lord gave me a vision to help orphans in foster families and orphanages by supplying vital humanitarian aid for their health, education and development. “Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, The fruit of the womb is a reward.” Psalm 127:3-4
After seeking a name for start doing what God wants from me, God gave me the name ‘Sabra’ ( if you don’t know what does it mean the word ”sabra” - it is a cactus growing in Israel with wonderful sweet fruits and “sabra” is a Jew born in Israel). We started and God gave us wonderful success in our hand but with a lot of battle in our way. Praise the Lord! God is protecting us and the work is growing more and more with wonderful brothers and sisters. God sent me good and wonderful people for doing the work.
Love and blessings, Moti (Mordechai) Klimer
Sabra seeks out Jews and helps and encourages them to return to Israel, their long Promised Land.
Sabra helps elderly, handicapped, ill and poor people by supplying desperately needed humanitarian aid.
Sabra helps orphans in foster families and orphans in orphanages by supplying vital humanitarian aid, stationery, toys etc.
Sabra leads Jewish people back to their real roots; through Scripture, teaching and celebrating Shabbat and the Festivals.
«O Lord God of my salvation, when I cry in the night before thee: Let my prayer come before thee: incline thine ear unto my cry»