The Sabra Foundation is a Jewish ministry in Russia (Siberia and the Russian Far East) and Israel founded by Moti (Mordechai) Klimer in 2002. Sabra is a young organization but it has already done many things.
From this webpage you can learn about Sabra work with the help of God and wonderful brothers and sisters - Sabra workers and volunteers. These people invest their efforts, souls and hearts in this important work. God’s love towards people is burning in the hearts of those who work in Sabra. This love compels them to help and serve others.
Sabra had some different times in the past years - good and bad ones. But in good times we are glad to share our joy with each other. And in bad times we are as one family persevering without grumble. We believe that our work is a plan of God and we look at Him with a pure face.
Mordechai Klimer, the founder of Sabra ministry, was born in Israel in 1950. Being a 'sabra', he was raised by his grandmother (a survivor of Auschwitz) and grandfather (who survived Bergen Belsen) in an Orthodox Jewish family.
Mordechai's mother, a little girl, was attacked by a neighbour as a “killer of our God”, when her parents were taken. She survived, and later tried to get in to Israel, but was sent to a British detention camp in Cyprus where she met and married his father. Eventually they all arrived in Israel.
After 20 years military service in IDF he was invited to be a Principal of a Boarding School, and after a few years, the Jewish Agency ”Sochnut” suggested Mordechai Klimer to be the Head of its branch in the Eastern part of Russia.
In 1996 he went to Russia without clear understanding of its mission and with 4 words of Russian vocabulary. At the end of the first year he intended to return to Israel. But after some months of prayers and study of the Scriptures the Lord gave him a vision for the work that He had for him and everything changed...
The Vision of Sabra:
* to build a bridge between Christians and Jewish people, the Bridge of Prayer, Love and Mercy. If we want that the Lord will be between us, we need to consider each other as true brothers. “Can two walk together, except they be agreed” Amos 3:3
* Aliyah – to bring the Jewish people back to the Promised Land. God promised and God will fulfill. “He will raise a banner for the nations and gather the exiles of Israel; he will assemble the scattered people of Judah from the four quarters of the earth.” Isaiah 11:12
* to teach and lead the Jewish people back to their real roots; to restore the rich heritage and promises that are their birthright. "…so the next generation would know them, even the children yet to be born, and they in turn would tell their children. Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.” Exodus 31:13
* Mercy - to help elderly, the disabled and poor people by supplying desperately needed humanitarian aid. “Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, When it is in the power of your hand to do so.” Proverbs 3:27
* to help orphans in foster families and orphanages by supplying vital humanitarian aid for their health, education and development. “Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, The fruit of the womb is a reward.” Psalm 127:3-4
Sabra builds a bridge: we ask you to personally join with us as we build this unity under His light.
Love and blessings, Mordechai (Moti) Klimer.
Sabra seeks out Jews and helps and encourages them to return to Israel, their long Promised Land.
Sabra helps elderly, handicapped, ill and poor people by supplying desperately needed humanitarian aid.
Sabra helps orphans in foster families and orphans in orphanages by supplying vital humanitarian aid, stationery, toys etc.
Sabra leads Jewish people back to their real roots; through Scripture, teaching and celebrating Shabbat and the Festivals.
«O Lord God of my salvation, when I cry in the night before thee: Let my prayer come before thee: incline thine ear unto my cry»